Recently, you have been asking a lot of questions about travelling to Brazil through the contact page. One of the first things to do when travelling to Brazil is to rent a car. The cheapest and best option for this is Localiza.com.
Visit Avianca.com about flying in Brazil.
A genuinely Brazilian company, Localiza was created in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, in 1973. Less than ten years later, it was already the largest car rental company in the country by rental volume, fleet and number of branches. There are currently 608 stores and more than 325 000 vehicles spread over 8 countries, with a special concentration in South America.
Car Rental Requirements
The person responsible for the lease must be 21 years old, have been qualified for at least 2 years, and carry CNH within validity (if expired, even within the 30 days allowed by DETRAN (state Traffic Department), it is not accepted). You must present the original CNH, it also contains CPF and RG, ideal to have in hand. Foreigners must present their country of origin passport and driver’s license. It is ideal that the driver also carries the International Driving Permit (PID).
Localiza Rent a Car fleet
- Economic – They are hatchback, with integrated and reduced trunk. Accommodate up to 5 people (ideal 4)
- Van Average – The main feature is to accommodate up to 7 people, the bottom row of seats is retractable, smaller and less comfortable.
- Compact Pickup – They have a double cabin, accommodating up to 5 passengers, have a 1.6-litre engine and automatic transmission.
- Pickup – They are large vehicles, double cab and powerful engine. Accommodate up to 5 people very comfortably. Petrol or diesel versions (check when booking).
- SUV – These are good sized cars, more luxurious, accommodating between 5 and 7 people (check before booking), and have great space for luggage.
- Compact SUV – It is the darling of the public! Accommodates up to 5 people, with good luggage capacity, has a powerful engine, and offers all the comfort and safety necessary for any type of use.
- Executive – They are sedans (car with different trunk), more luxurious and complete. Accommodate up to 5 people comfortably, and the engine ranges from 1.6 to 2.0. They are widely used for special events, such as weddings and formal situations.
- Mini Pickup – They are small cars, whose main feature is the capacity to transport loads up to 700 kg.
- Compact Sedan – They are entry-level cars in the category, derived from hatch models, the difference is in the larger trunk. They accommodate up to 5 passengers, they are flex cars, with motorization between 1.0 and 1.6. Suitable for urban use and travel.
- Lux – They are more elegant and sophisticated, have a good amount of modern accessories, automatic transmission and great engine. Ideal for those who want comfort and premium style.
Payment methods at Localiza
At Localiza rent a car the only payment method accepted is by credit card. Accepted cards are Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Dinners and Elo. You can pay up to 10 interest-free instalments, as long as the minimum instalment is not less than R $ 10.00.