Vrbo (Vacation Rentals by Owner) is an online marketplace that connects users in need of rental housing with property owners. Vrbo allows users to search and book accommodation all over the world. A huge collection of apartments and houses around the world – from simple to luxurious. Vrbo launched in 1995, and since then the site has collected over a million offers. The main difference between this service and similar ones is that only entire housing is exhibited on Vrbo, that is, you will not have to share the territory with the owner. In addition to apartments in metropolitan areas, you can also find a huge villa in Bali, a house somewhere on the mountain, and a cozy cottage with a garden in the English countryside.
How to book a hotel or apartment on the official website Vrbo.com
- To book a hotel or apartment on the official website Vrbo.com, you must specify the city or the name of the hotel in the search form and click on the “Find” button.
- After that, the search engine will show you all the options that match your criteria. Choose one of them.
- You can pay for the booked hotel or apartment on Vrbo.com using a bank card.
- Immediately after payment, an electronic confirmation of the hotel booking will be sent to your e-mail.
- Download this confirmation to your mobile phone or print it out on paper and take it with you on your trip.
- At the hotel reception, all you need is your passport and confirmation of your booking (voucher).
Renting a house or apartment is an ideal solution to enjoy a vacation with family or friends. How to book the perfect rental? Vrbo® , an expert online platform for family vacation rentals, offers seven tips and recommendations to rent with peace of mind.
In search of the ideal property …
1. When starting your search, it is important to pay attention to the properties that have already received various ratings and comments from other travellers and make a list to verify that they have the desired services. The filters available on the platform are very useful to find accommodations with specific characteristics such as a specific number of rooms, swimming pool, private parking, private garden, etc.
2. Before making the reservation, it is always necessary to examine the cancellation policy established by the owner, as well as the specific accommodation rules that he has indicated. To help you find properties with flexible cancellation policies, it is recommended to use the filters created by Vrbo to find vacation homes that offer a full refund when canceling on a specific date.
3. Another important factor to take into account this summer when looking for a property is the cleanliness of the space. This factor has always been important to travelers when renting a vacation home, and they ensure that the most reliable source of information is the comments made by other travelers who have stayed at the property. Vrbo has a search filter to see those properties that have the best comments made by other travelers regarding cleanliness
Fluid communication from the platform
4. Travelers must maintain contact with the owners through the Vrbo platform interface, which allows for secure and accessible communications.
5. Before finalizing the reservation, travelers should ask all their questions to the owner and it is also important to discuss topics such as the itinerary to the accommodation, the distances to the destination’s points of interest, the accommodation equipment, the check-in conditions. out, cleaning, etc. The Vrbo Virtual Assistant is available to travelers to immediately answer the most frequently asked questions about the property or allows the owner to instantly connect with the traveler to resolve any type of doubt.
At the time of payment, book with guarantees
6. Users must always make their reservations online from the platform, which allows them to be covered by the Reservation Guarantee with complete confidence. The cost for services includes this program that offers a secure way to reserve and complete payment protection in transactions. It also offers assistance in finding alternative accommodation after a possible last minute cancellation of the reservation by the owner, as well as a 24/7 customer service.
7. Paying online with a credit card at Vrbo is the safest way to book a vacation rental. It is not advisable to make payments outside the platform.
Once there, check the accommodation
8. It is important to tour the accommodation with the person who will greet you to establish an inventory of the facilities, ask any questions about the use of the house’s available equipment, and report any problems as soon as they are detected, so resolved as soon as possible. This allows you to continue your stay in the best conditions, avoid subsequent procedures that are more difficult to resolve and better enjoy your vacation.
For more information please click the button below to continue to :